Friday, February 5, 2010

.no surface.

Something on my mind. It's funny how groups fluctuate throughout high school. We learn who are true friends are. We learn of those who are going to back us up at all times. We learn of who truly wants to hang out with us. This is part of the reason I have grown closer to a smaller group of friends. I don't find anything wrong with this. I still love everyone else! But as I stepped out, I didn't find many people following me asking where I was going. 

Last year, where I was at in my life and who I was hanging out with, I couldn't imagine myself walking down at graduation with any of them. Not because I didn't like them, but because our friendships weren't strong. It was surface. 

This year I've seeked out those friends - and I've found them. We are already talking about walking down at graduation together. How awesome its going to be. How great Hawaii is going to be together. I've found my place. Granted it took me till Senior year, I still learned a lot along the journey. I love having support there and knowing that they care. That I am in a good friendship. I'll miss them as we part our ways next fall. 

I know what it feels like to be without best friends (luckily this hasn't been for much of my life). And I know what it feels like to be with them. Now I think how lonely those with no friends at all must be. 

I want to reach out.

Though I may not be there best friend, I'll be there - at least I want to be. I don't want to be surface. I don't want to repeat the action I so commonly see of making 'friends' just to say that you have a lot of 'friends. '

Change someone's life - talk to them. Know there fears, dreams, and goals. Do not care what they look like or where they come from. They are God's creation, all the same.

worked today - found out I'm now number 4 in the district for UPTs. I don't know what that means as far as prizes or anything goes, but that's still a pretty neat accomplishment!  (at least I think so). 
Got my car back! Cost was less then I expected praise the Lord. 

Chad's birthday tomorrow! I'm about to call him as the clock turns 12am. :) He's 20!!!! wowza! No longer a teenager. That means for a while he'll be 20 while I'm 17. Weird!

goodnight all:)
Go meet someone new 
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment