Sunday, August 21, 2011

.the more personal life of liz rose.

Hey hey!

So this is the blog I started a long time ago and haven't kept up on. The blog I started as a reminder to live each day to the fullest. To smile at every little thing. The blog I started soon after Conner Knoblich's passing as a result of my thinking through life. A lot's happened since then -- a lot's changed. I've grown up some more. Been blessed by a bigger and better job as Sales Lead at Ann Taylor in Bellevue, WA. I've now been dating the most amazing man I've ever met for 6 months. I'm moving to Seattle this Friday to stay there and not move back next summer -- bittersweet.

I've started a fashion blog. Not to loose my deep thoughts or anything, but to maybe share my love of clothes and fashion to someone out there who may actually care. It's fun anyhow -- whether many people read it or not. It's a new challenge to my wardrobe daily.

I've learned TONS!

The first big thing I've learned in the past 12 months is to not worry. What a huge relief it is to give everything up to God. It started with constant worrying about what I'm going to do now and in the future -- how it would all work out. I constantly was praying for God to take my worry, but was never able to fully give it up. I sat through a service at church with Pastor Judah talking about giving up worry. And the action started when God asked me to give up more then what he required of me financially at the beginning of the summer. And after doing that for the first time, all worry left. It was like a light switch was turned off. No worry -- TA DA! Looking back I am really amazed at this transition. What a blessing it has been. To not worry any more.

I've learned to stop planning for my future. Go ahead and dream -- don't stop dreaming! But don't worry about how God is going to get you to that dream. Cause if it's meant to happen, He'll get you there somehow if you just listen and obey. I would not have imagined myself the beginning of high school working at Aeropostale for a few measly hours a week that I would ever end up in a management position at a high end retail fashion store. If every step of my life has led to this big thing I can't understand... imagine what God has in store that I can't see for the rest of my life! I can't even fathom!

Anyways... I can't promise to blog here everyday. But I'm back. To remember the little things in my life and not take advantage of them.
night!
liz rose

No comments:

Post a Comment