Tuesday, January 26, 2010

.opportunities.

Work today:

What started out to be a dead evening ended up picking up so that the traffic in and out of Maurices was consistent. While getting some of the closing stuff done, my assistant manager said "Too bad your not 18, we could promote you to assistant manager before the cruise." (There is a cruise for Maurices in which (2/3 of my managers are going, so they need someone else at the store. Plus, they are looking for another assistant manager anyways because our store is growing) She went on to talk about even being a key holder so I could close the store at night even if I wasn't an assistant manager.

This made my excited considering there are 5 other employees besides me, and I'm the youngest. It's a feeling of success, being only 17 and being considered for an assistant manager position at a growing clothing store. After thinking about it more, I plan on talking more to my manager about the promotion and what it would take.

I also was top seller for the month of January :)

I'm really excited about the opportunity,
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment