Sunday, May 16, 2010

.keeping your heart pure.

I've been growing a lot in my relationship with God lately. Today I realized several things.

First of all, not every one views God as being the same thing. For some reason, this hasn't really clicked till these past few days. For me, God is strength. Whenever I am going through something hard he is there to give me peace and let me know that everything is going to be ok. His strength is what allows me to follow my spirit. I love his strength. It is indescribable to me and I wish I people around me could even comprehend how much his strength is important to me! To others God may be grace, mercy, love, or compassion. What do you look to God for most often?

This past year I've dumped a lot of stuff at God's feet. It has given me freedom in him - It is a feeling of purity and innocence to have left this all at his feet. Tonight I was praying while in worship about always having this sense of freedom, purity and innocence. God led me to several things that will keep my heart a little further from him. It made me realize that even the small things in our lives can have a huge impact on our relationship with God. The things you don't think about - it doesn't even have to feel like a big deal to you.

So that's where I'm at with God right now....
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment