Thursday, June 24, 2010

.it's okay to stand out.


I'm a go get'em person in the morning...so this morning! I woke up at 7:40 and went over to Kaile's house to go get all the pictures from Hawaii and graduation week. I sat and chatted with her for a bit and then left so she could go pick up her grandma from the airport.

After, i headed home, slipped on some tennis shoes, and biked up and down the hill 2 times. I would have liked to ride to the park, but my chain keeps slipping, so I had to head back home.


God never said multi tasking was bad! So I lied out in the yard tanning as I did my bible reading. I'm really enjoying in digging into Proverbs! Today I read Proverbs 2. Good stuff.

1 My child,[a] listen to what I say,
      and treasure my commands.
 2 Tune your ears to wisdom,
      and concentrate on understanding.
 3 Cry out for insight,
      and ask for understanding.
 4 Search for them as you would for silver;
      seek them like hidden treasures.
 5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord,
      and you will gain knowledge of God.
 6 For the Lord grants wisdom!
      From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
 7 He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
      He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
 8 He guards the paths of the just
      and protects those who are faithful to him.
 9 Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair,
      and you will find the right way to go.
 10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
      and knowledge will fill you with joy.
 11 Wise choices will watch over you.
      Understanding will keep you safe.

I love this passage! If I cry out for understanding, God will bless me with wisdom and always pretoect me. Because God's wisdom is hidden from the rebelious, it's gonna take a real effort to find it. God wants his wisdom to be there for those who TRULY want it. Some of my footnotes in my Bible mentioned that we will gain wisdom through a constant process of growth. This process of growth is put into four steps to help make it more understandable.

1. You must trust and honor God
2. Realize that the Bible reveals God's wisdom
3. Make lifelong right choices
4. Learn from your mistakes.



I'm glad God showed me this today. He confirmed all the decisions I've made lately that have taken months of prayer and seeking his guidance and coming down to reading on passage after 2 months that gave me confirmation. God is good!

I then hopped in the shower, and met with Chad for some coffee in the park and praying that each of us will seek God and be willing to grow and go through whatever God has for us during our Break, however long it is.

I'm so glad Grandma is down right now! My grandma is amazing! We went to Red Lobster today and had a girls lunch (my mom, Grandma, and I) It was delicious. We laughed over stupid things that we've done in the past and began to wonder about how often we tend to do stupid things. haha =) After we went to Bed Bath and Beyond where I found a bed lamp for my dorm in the right color for $10!
just a cool pic i got of the lamp at red lobster


Work went well this evening. A better day, but still getting back into the swing of things!

I found a pair of jeans on the first try on today. I was so excited cause this never happens. They are really cute and fit perfect. I'm just unsure whether I should spend the money. They would be for back to school. But they are $36 even with my discount. Decisions decisions.

Speaking of money, I spent part of the evening trying to figure out where my graduation money will go. I believe almost all of it will go towards having money my first year of college. and some of it will go towards a new cell phone! - that way you guys won't keep recieving blank texts and random phone calls all the time!

I just finished sorting through all my Hawaii pictures and deleting all the bad ones as I watched this Mall cop of the Mall of America. It was actually pretty intense at some points. Other things just made you realize how stupid some people are out in the world!

I'm now watching an infomercial for the Ab Circle. It's been on for like 10 minutes now, but for some reason I haven't changed it. It's amazing how they build up a product. Make's you wonder if it actually works since they have to boost it up so much to sell it! haha Looks cool though.

It's now bed time! I feel accomplished sorting through all these pictures!
nighty night!
erose

PS. pulled out spanish cards so I can begin working on my spanish again! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment