Thursday, July 8, 2010

.mission 1 complete.

This morning I was challenged to seek wisdom from those older then me. I got some very good advice....

Marcia Topping is going to answer some of my questions later. but said that the biggest thing God has been teaching her is to totally rely on him.

"His plans are much bigger and grander than I can even imagine, and even if I can't see the whole picture, I KNOW without a doubt that He has my best interests in mind. I don't always understand, or even like the path He has me on, (Chuck's cancer), but I must trust Him. It's the only way to survive. Even though I don't understand, I have a real peace about he circumstance and where it will lead."

I respect Marcia a lot. Her and her family is going through a lot right now and her faith is evident and how she draws her strength from God. God's really been showing me this message over and over and over to know that I can't see the big picture, yet everything is in his hands.

The other person I talked to was Chris Mayfield. She is such an inspirational person to me! She lives her life full out for Christ and I love that! I respect her a lot! I learned from Chris to not let fear of judgment keep you from stopping and trying new things and doing what I love.

I asked Chris what her major concern for out generation as a whole was. She said,

"The desire for tattoos. Sounds silly doesn't it? I don't want you to think I sit in judgment of people who do it, my concern comes from the Book of Revelations and the reference to the "mark of the beast." I have thought, because tattoos have become so culturally acceptable, that it may make it easier for people to willingly accept that mark, whatever it may be."

This is such a new perspective to look at this with. It's scary to think that mass amounts of people will just accept this mark. As if it was socially normal. Will it be obvious to us? Will some Christian's miss the fact that this "mark" is the "mark?"

Chris said the best peice of advice she ever received was from the Holy Spirit and it was "Be Still, and Know that I am God." To put your trust completely in God. If you do that, then there is no reason to worry.

I asked Chris what in her relationship with God has made her so passionate and wanting to live out her life for christ daily. A big question, but it is something I see so naturally in her life and respect.

She said:

"I have prayed to keep the vision of Christ before me so that I don't become desensitized to His suffering. ..."

To hear their words were really encouraging. I see the importance of seeking wisdom from those older then you. It's a God thing that the things both ladies touched on are things that God has been talking to me about. I have constantly been thinking about the verse that says "Be Still, and know that I am God." It's really encouraging to hear this.

Tis late and time for bed!
goodnight
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment