Wednesday, February 2, 2011

.each of us is but a breath.




A crazy day indeed! It is 2 am and I'm blogging then headed back from the Library Lab to go to bed! YAY! Class in 6 hours! Let's see if I can get some sleep in there.

Today was a good day though. It was beautiful out! Sun was shining and made the appearance of it being warm (when you were looking out the window). Though actually step outside and it didn't beat 40 degrees today. But that's ok. I love the sunshine.

After classes today I went to coffee with Alyssa! We talked about life and just caught up. It was greatly needed and I hope we can continue to build up our friendship since it seems it's been neglected for some time now!

This evening I had Cadre (small group) in Seattle. Kelly (my leader) picked me up since she lives in Bothel and we drove together, picking up several others along the way. She is really sweet. She is so sincere and her faith inspires me to want to grow more. She lives out her faith daily at work and with those she comes in contact with. that is really important to me.

Cadre was fantastic! It's always about what God is doing in our lives. The group of ladies I'm with are incredible. Everyone owns their faith and each one inspires me. We talked a lot about leaving what is comfortable and good to go through another door opened up by God. Though we may not exactly know why God is moving us from something so amazing to the unknown, it takes being uncomfortable for a while and trusting God. I think that really speaks to my life right now.

The rest of the day was filled in with homework, studying, and prepping for debate.
More to the week ahead of us! Keep pushing through!

I think this passage is Beautiful! (Psalm 39:4-7)

4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
      Remind me that my days are numbered—
      how fleeting my life is.
 5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
      My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
      at best, each of us is but a breath.”
                         Interlude
 6 We are merely moving shadows,
      and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
   We heap up wealth,
      not knowing who will spend it.
 7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
      My only hope is in you.


Goodnight!
erose

2 comments:

  1. look at that long hair! I miss you mucho and I want to talk with you to catch up but I barely have time to have free time. Maybe this weekend? =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that passage! :) Also I really enjoy readin your blog because you're always so positive about everything and especially your faith! You're definitely an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete