Saturday, April 16, 2011

.coffee buzzzz.

God time this morning was about the passage Matthew 5:13-16.

You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house….” 

Light. It is so beautiful to me. Light is what I think of when I think of my secret place with God. It’s more like a heavenly glow and I think it’s beautiful.
What is light?
  1. Light makes things visible or illuminates
  2. Radiance
  3. Daylight, daybreak, dawn
  4. Gleam or sparkle
  5. Awareness or enlightenment
As being light, you make Christ visible. You make known what’s hidden the dark so it can be taken care of. You radiate the peace and love of God through your natural presence. You are the beauty of a sunset that’s a sign of new beginnings. You are newness and refreshment to those around you. I love that. Light is truly the beauty of God.


A few pics from "Evening" last night! =)








To slow down and take beauty at what it is. And notice it. This afternoon I spent four hours at Rococo doing homework! I got a kick out of some of the sites I saw while walking in downtown Kirkland. First of all, a guys in his 20s getting his nails done. That was… well, different. Second, I saw a man in his 40s walking his tiny little dog who was wearing a cheetah print sweater. Also an interesting site. Third, I loved seeing a girl about 8 years old sitting at the table in the coffee shop, unfolding the newspaper, and getting very interested in its contents. Cracked me up…

After two cups of coffee and a good chunk of homework done, decided it was time to head back to school for dinner! An overall productive day, even got a work out in this morning!
Started filling out my application for Admissions Host, which would mean I would host prospective students in my room and hang out with them, showing them what It’s like to live at Northwest! I like the sounds of it! Cool opportunity!

Watched Sherlock Holmes with several girls on the floor, now listening to my roommate talk in her sleep while I sit here blogging! =) It’s great!

Now time for bed!
Goodnight all!
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment